Friday, December 01, 2006

 

Welcome to Winter Central Illinois


Well, it finally happened - winter weather! The picture is looking out my front window at the tree branches heavy with ice!

We got smacked with freezing rain, wind, then snow and more wind. Schools are not in session, traffic is nearly nonexistent and the foot traffic in downtown Bloomington is also pretty sparse. I think once the street crews get out again and the days get older things will pick up. My first customer walked through the door at 11:30 a.m., an hour after I open.

We are having our "Once Upon a Holiday" festivities in downtown Bloomington this weekend. We like the lovely, fluffy snow for this weekend. You know the kind that makes everyone yearn for a quieter, gentler time. It seems to make people want to get out and walk about the sidewalks and take in the holiday decorations. Hopefully tomorrow will be a sunnier, snowy day and lots of folks will be out and about.

As for me - it is back to doing inventory! Have a great weekend and I hope your weather is more plesant than ours here in Central Illinois!

Comments:
Beautiful photograph! We finally dug out of our drive way yesterday afternoon. Here is a pic of the view in front of our house Friday afternoon:
http://tinyurl.com/u7vb9
 
well that didn't work. This one should work:
http://tinyurl.com/y9zyah
We had 13 inches of snow here in Peoria. Schools are still closed. I heard it is worse in Bloomington, and along the I-55 corridor. Hope all is well with the store.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?